DuraVent 3" x 6" PelletVent Pro Straight Pipe Length 3PVL-6 is a cutting-edge venting system developed with the specific purpose of effectively venting stoves and inserts that utilize wood pellets and oil as fuel sources. Its adaptable design is capable of accommodating a wide range of biofuels such as maize, switchgrass, cherry pits, soybeans, and coffee husks. This innovative solution is engineered to meet the diverse venting requirements of these alternative fuel options, ensuring optimal performance.
- Materials and Construction: PelletVent for multi-fuel is a double-wall pipe with an inner wall of corrosion resistant stainless steel and a galvalume outer wall. Painted black for exterior available.
- Clearances: 1″ clearance to combustibles in the USA and Canada for appliances using multi-fuels or oil.
- Diameters: 3″ and 4″
- Listings: c-UL-us Listed to UL 641 (MH8381 and MH14420). ULC Listed to ULC S609, ULC/ORD C441 (CMH1439 and CMH1440).
|Size:||3" Inner Diameter|
|Pipe Class:||Type L|
|Vent Construction:||Double Wall|
|Material:||Stainless Steel | Galvalume|
|Fuel Type:||Pellet, Oil, Wood, Biofuels|
|UL Listing Number:||UL 641, ULC S609|
|Product Type:||Pipe Length|
Installing DuraVent PelletVent Pro® Pipe:
When it comes to venting systems for stoves and inserts that use wood pellets, corn, biofuels, or oil, DuraVent's PelletVent Pro® stands as an industry leader. With its innovative design and commitment to quality, PelletVent Pro® offers a durable, safe, and aesthetically pleasing solution for your venting needs. In this article, we will explore the key features of PelletVent Pro® and provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to install it, along with answers to five frequently asked questions.
Key Features of PelletVent Pro®
- Corrosion-Resistant Superferritic Metal: All PelletVent Pro® components that come into contact with flue gases are constructed with an inner wall made of corrosion-resistant superferritic metal. This ensures long-lasting performance, even in demanding conditions.
- Double-Wall, Air-Insulated Design: PelletVent Pro® features a double-wall, air-insulated construction that enhances its performance and safety. This design allows for a 1" clearance to combustibles in both the USA and Canada, making it suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Laser-Welded Inner and Outer Wall: The laser-welded inner and outer walls of PelletVent Pro® provide a perfect fit and finish, ensuring airtight seals and superior durability.
- Compatibility with Various Fuels: PelletVent Pro® is designed to vent stoves and inserts using wood pellets, corn, biofuels (such as switchgrass, coffee husks, and more), and oil as fuel sources, making it a versatile choice for different heating systems.
- UL Listed: PelletVent Pro® is UL listed for 1" clearance to combustibles in both the USA and Canada, meeting the highest safety standards for venting systems.
Installing PelletVent Pro® is a straightforward process, but it's crucial to follow these steps carefully to ensure proper functioning and safety:
Step 1: Gather the Necessary Tools and Materials
PelletVent Pro® components
- Appropriate support brackets and hangers
- Wall thimble or ceiling support box
- Vent termination cap
- Pipe sections
- Screwdriver, drill, and screws
- Measuring tape
Step 2: Plan Your Installation Determine the optimal placement of your vent system, ensuring it complies with local building codes and regulations. Measure and mark the locations for wall thimble or ceiling support box, brackets, and pipe sections.
Step 3: Install the Support Brackets Attach the support brackets and hangers securely to the wall or ceiling, following the manufacturer's instructions. Ensure that they are level and provide proper support for the vent pipe.
Step 4: Connect the Vent Pipe Sections Assemble the PelletVent Pro® pipe sections, starting from the appliance and working your way towards the vent termination cap. Use the provided locking bands to secure each connection.
Step 5: Install Wall Thimble or Ceiling Support Box If your installation requires it, mount the wall thimble or ceiling support box to provide a safe passage for the vent pipe through the wall or ceiling.
Step 6: Attach the Vent Termination Cap Finally, attach the vent termination cap to the exterior of your home, ensuring it is securely fastened and angled correctly to prevent the backflow of exhaust gases.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I use PelletVent Pro® for my wood pellet stove?
A: Yes, PelletVent Pro® is specifically designed for stoves and inserts that use wood pellets as fuel.
Q: What is the maximum temperature PelletVent Pro® can handle?
A: PelletVent Pro® is rated for continuous use flue temperatures up to 570°F, making it suitable for various heating applications.
Q: Is PelletVent Pro® compatible with biofuels other than wood pellets?
A: Yes, PelletVent Pro® can vent biofuel products like corn, switchgrass, coffee husks, and more, in addition to wood pellets and oil.
Q: Do I need to maintain a specific clearance to combustibles?
A: PelletVent Pro® allows for a 1" clearance to combustibles in both the USA and Canada, ensuring safe and versatile installations.
Q: Is professional installation recommended?
A: While experienced DIYers can install PelletVent Pro®, professional installation is often recommended to ensure compliance with local codes and safety standards.
DuraVent's PelletVent Pro® is a top-tier venting system that offers durability, safety, and performance for stoves and inserts using a variety of fuels. By following the installation guide and considering the frequently asked questions, you can confidently set up your PelletVent Pro® system, providing efficient venting for your heating appliance while ensuring the safety of your home.
DuraVent, Inc. (“DuraVent”) provides this limited lifetime warranty for all of its products with the exception of Ventinox® (lifetime), and PolyPro® (ten years). Subject to the limitations set forth below, DuraVent warrants that its products will be free from defects in material or manufacturing, if properly installed, maintained and used.
DuraVent products are fully warranted if installed only by a professional installer. This Warranty is transferable from the original homeowner to the buyer of the home.
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, smoke damage or damage caused by chimney fires, acts of God, or any product that was:
(1) purchased other than from an authorized DuraVent dealer, retailer or distributor;
(2) modified or altered;
(3) improperly serviced, inspected or cleaned; or (4) subject to negligence or any use not in accordance with the installation instructions included with the product as determined by DuraVent.
This limited lifetime warranty applies only to parts manufactured by DuraVent.